Multi-Pitch Ice Climb with Zions’ Only Comprehensive Guide Service & Instructional School. All Trips & Courses are Private & Custom. Our passion is is bringing an adventurous, safe experience to all of our clients.
Enjoy the comfort of going out with one of our AMGA Certified Rock Climbing Guides. We have the only active AMGA Certified Rock Guide and AMGA Certified Rock Instructor actively guiding in Southern Utah.
Ice Climbing trips are weather-dependent and take place in January and February in areas such as Ouray, CO and areas outside of Zion National Park. Ice Climbing is a great winter activity to get out there and have an exciting, fun day.
Ice climbing is a sport that has greatly evolved over the past two decades. As a result of the great advancements in the tools and equipment, ice climbing has become a fun and accessible sport for people of all abilities. Our Ice Climbing MultiPitch trip takes you out on an icy adventure around Zion National Park area and sometimes we head out to Ouray, CO.
You can find many hidden ice flows found in the various canyons during the winter months. Not only are you able to enjoy the ice, but you get to experience these frozen canyons. As you move through them you’ll explore the successive ice flows that lay around each twisting corner. These surrounding ice canyons make a great day for all levels.
We want to accommodate you, so all our trips are private. As a result, start times can be adjusted around your travel plans and you will never be grouped with others unless requested. As always, all necessary gear will be provided for you prior to your trip.
Note: As directed by the Superintendent, paid guiding for canyoneering and climbing trips is not permitted within Zion National Park. All trips and courses are done outside of the park in beautiful locations. Details will be given when you call to book your course or trip.
Price Per Person (Maximum of 2)
8.05% sales tax added at checkout
To book your trip, please call the office at 435-319-0313 as our online calendar is not always indicative of availabilities.
Meet Up Location
All ice climbing trips are weather dependent. We will choose a location based on the conditions of the ice to give you the safest experience. The meet up location to meet your guide will depend, accordingly.
Gear ZMS can Provide
Gear You Provide
Springdale, UT is located in the heart of Zion Canyon. ZMS is located in the heart of Springdale, UT.
Best option is to fly into Vegas, NV, and either drive or hire a shuttle to drop you off in Springdale, UT.
TOWN & PARK SHUTTLE SYSTEM
Both the town of Springdale and Zion National Park offer free propane powered shuttle systems that can drop you off in town or at any spot in the main canyon. This enables you to travel to the area without need of renting a car.
Advanced registration is required to secure your private guide. We have a limited amount of guides and book up regularly.
Feel free to call our office to book your trip at 435-319-0313.
Please leave a text or voice message if we are unable to take your call and we will get back to you as soon as possible. Please leave the following information: Name, Type of trip, Dates, #of people in your group, Phone #
Please note that the online calendar is not always indicative of actual availability. If you tried to book online, our website will ask that you call our office to confirm if the date is available.
Medical and Liability Waiver
All participants must read and fill out our Online Medical Waiver & Liability Waiver HERE
Unless arrangements are made, payments are due in full at the time you book your trip. Zion Mountain School does everything in their power to ensure trips run as planned.
If for any reason Zion Mountain School cannot run a trip as scheduled, we will offer a full refund or reschedule your planned event.
If you need to cancel your trip more than 30 days out, Zion Mountain School offers a full refund minus a 10% administrative fee.
Once within the 30 day window, but more than 48 hours before the trip, Zion Mountain School will refund 75% of the trip cost. The remaining 25% can be used as credit for future trips with ZMS. This credit is valid for two years.
Non-emergency cancellations less than 48 hours of your trip, are non-refundable.
© 2023 Zion Mountaineering School.